Facing Felony Charges in ILlinois?
Aggressive, Hard-Hitting Evanston Criminal Defense Attorneys
At Pfeifer & Pfeifer, Attorneys At Law, we understand that no one ever wants to be accused of committing a serious crime, especially a felony-level offense. Nothing can feel more stressful than having to face the criminal justice system. That is why it is important to have an aggressive Evanston criminal defense lawyer on your side.
Why Choose Us?
- 50+ Years of Criminal Litigation Experience
- We Provide High-Quality, Tenacious Representation
- Accessible, Attentive, & Client-Focused Legal Counsel
- Free, Confidential Case Consultations
What is a Felony Case in Illinois?
We know and understand the ins and outs of the laws. We are aware of how the local courts and prosecutors will handle a situation. A felony in our state can lead to incarceration for at least one year in the Illinois Department of Corrections and fines of at least $25, 000.
These are the different classifications of felony offenses:
- Class 4 Felony: Incarceration for 1 to 3 years
- Class 3 Felony: Incarceration for 2 to 5 years
- Class 2 Felony: Incarceration for 1 to 7 years
- Class 1 Felony: Incarceration for 4 to 15 years
- Class X Felony: Incarceration for 6 to 30 years
- Murder Conviction: Incarceration for 4 years to imprisonment up to life
Every case will depend greatly on the nature of the crime as well. For example, a conviction for aggravated battery is considered a Class 3 Felony, whereas aggravated criminal sexual assault would be considered a Class X Felony. Knowing the differences between all of the various crimes can help you understand what challenges may be ahead.
Get in Touch with Our Evanston Criminal Defense Firm
Pfeifer & Pfeifer, Attorneys At Law, can apply the right criminal defense techniques to your to your criminal defense matter and advocate for you from the beginning of trial until the case is completed. If you have been accused of any felony, please do not wait to seek legal assistance.
We serve Evanston and the entire Chicagoland. Give us a call at (847) 960-3364 to request your initial appointment.